Learn MoreSenior Firmware Automation Engineer
Bay area Manufacturer of measurement and control solutions for life science applications
Get the best of both worlds! Be part of a small, driven engineering team continuing to advance our product line…AND…have the backing of a company with revenues of $18 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry. We give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Currently searching for a talented Senior Firmware Automation Engineer to analyze and design firmware for embedded controller based products. This requires experience with Control Theory and PID loop design.
• Analyze and design firmware and control algorithms for embedded controller based products
• Work with staff to develop most effective algorithms for control of products (an understanding of controls required)
• Ability to take designs through all stages of development, release, and long life product support
• Ability to understand and modify legacy code (C / C++)
• Ability to become proficient Vue and Angular JS 1.0 / Bootstrap
• Ability to execute R&D plans, and to evaluate the performance of new technologies
• B.S. or M.S. in electrical engineering (strongly preferred) or computer science and a minimum of 5 years work experience
• MUST have a thorough understanding of basic control theory and PID loop design and tuning
• MUST be fluent in C and C++
• Fluent in MatLab and/or Mathematica
• Embedded Linux and YOCTO build environment experience a plus
• Experience with or willingness to learn LabView®
• Experience with communications protocols: USB, serial, Ethernet, Bus Protocols (e.g. ModBus, others)
• Experience with multi-layer/high-density PCB design, FPGA's, VHDL or Verilog
• Good understanding of analog Operational Amplifiers
• Ability to read a basic electrical schematic
• Proficient with the use of Oscilloscopes, VOM, serial protocol analyzers, etc.
• Proficient with embedded software dev tools, such as emulators and build tools
• Basic circuit design and prototyping experience
• Proficiency in hand rework and soldering a plus
• Ability to work with tightly knitted cross functional engineering team
• Ability to self-manage and succeed at an individual level as well as work cooperatively in a team environment
This is a salaried, direct-hire position located in Santa Clara. Competitive salary and great benefits in a fast-paced environment. Ability to work closely with other senior level engineers including the cofounder of the original product line.
Learn MoreProcedural Technical Artist
Silicon Valley stealth startup involved with self-driving cars and machine learning
This is a unique opportunity for a talented 3D Artist with Procedural Modeling expertise to join a software product company in stealth startup mode. The team is led by a seasoned entrepreneur with a proven track record of creating new and successful software products. This product involves machine learning and synthetic data in support of autonomous automobiles (i.e. self-driving cars). This is an early-stage opportunity with equity.
In addition to your strong Procedural Modeling skills in Houdini, you'll also apply your 3D Artist Generalist skills in modeling, lighting, materials and texture, environmental effects, and visual effects. The successful candidate will want to be part of a startup team and excited about creating groundbreaking products and pushing the boundary of how Visual Effects tools are used. You’ll be working closely with the founders.
We are looking for:
• Experience with Houdini and Procedural Modeling
• Experience with Maya (we use Maya). Other relevant experience are Cinema4D and 3D Studio Max
• Experience with Arnold or Renderman (we use Arnold)
• Experience with Substance Designer is a plus
• Experience with Nuke is a plus
Interested candidates should have a portfolio/reel with preference given to artists with procedural modeling of objects in the exterior environment (landscape, architecture, trees, structures, street scapes) and a focus in photorealism. Company will be based in Palo Alto area. Prefer candidates who are experienced/willing to work remotely but also come into the office as needed.
Learn MoreAnalytics Consultant
Perform data analysis and be client-facing as part of the Analytics team
This San Diego software company is pushing the boundaries of predictive analytics, workflow automation, scheduling, and forecasting. Seeking a junior to mid-level Analytics Consultant. As a member of the analytics team, the Analytics Consultant participates in solution delivery and customer acquisition projects solving real-world predictive modeling, forecasting, resource planning and other data analytics problems. Works closely with clients in all phases of the solution delivery from process audit and bench marking to modeling, implementation, validation and on-going support.
• Support client engagements and analytics projects end-to-end
• Perform data management and analysis on client data which will include:
• Perform data clean-up; identify data discrepancies; generate basic descriptive statistics
• Query and analyze data using SQL queries; generate charts showing trends, correlations
• Perform statistical analysis and devise modeling approaches utilizing techniques like regression analysis, simulation modeling, time-series forecasting, queuing/stochastic models, linear/non-linear programming, heuristics/algorithm development, etc.
• Develop reports (Word and PowerPoint) to document analysis and results
• Offer creative ideas in design meetings to solve industry or client specific problems
• Travel (up to 15% of time) to client offices for data collection, meetings and executive presentations
o B.S. in industrial engineering, business, statistics, or closely related discipline is required. Masters degree is preferred.
o Coursework or work experience with statistical analysis is required
o 6+ months of work or academic project experience analyzing large datasets is preferred
• Required Qualifications:
o Knowledge of basic statistics (confidence intervals, significance testing, etc.) is required
o Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint is required
o Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server is required
o Proficiency in programming using any language such as C#, VB, Perl/Python etc. required
o Presentation skills—the candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills
o Be driven and a self-starter with the ability to run with a project with little guidance
• Desired Qualifications:
o Knowledge of conducting statistical analyses in R or JMP is preferred
o Demonstrated ability to handle and analyze large datasets (50GB+) is preferred
o Prior experience in the banking industry is preferred
Learn More.NET Software Engineers
Profitable growing Analytics software Product Company in San Diego
Seeking software engineers for this growing software company focused on pushing the boundaries of predictive analytics, workflow optimization, scheduling, and forecasting with cloud based applications. You will find yourself surrounded by a group of motivated and highly talented engineers and professionals all with the common goal of making this company’s technology, platform, and products a commercial success.
The benefits of growth-phase companies are many:
- Numerous opportunities for professional development and responsibility
- Rapid and open decision making
- Rapid pace of progress
- The pleasure that derives from working in a tight-knit highly functional team
- Develop web based software within predefined specifications.
- Offer creative ideas in design meetings to solve industry or client specific problems.
- Be driven and a self-starter with the ability to run with a project with little guidance.
- Develop and assist other team members in preparing and executing test plans.
- Assist in establishing best practices and efficient development practices.
- Assist in the development of documentation.
- Help support clients in using the software solutions.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Prior experience in web-based software development. We will consider junior level up through senior/lead Engineers
- Experience working on project teams including a mix of both clients and internal resources.
- Experience with C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Entity Framework.
- Experience with versioning software using source control software.
- Database experience, both structurally and with writing SQL.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or other Technical field.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
This is a direct-hire position with competitive salary and benefits located in San Diego. Stable company with continued growth and increasing revenue each year. Intelligent, dedicated and loyal team help create a very positive work environment. We offer a fun, challenging, start-up environment with amazing opportunity for growth, experienced mentoring from longtime industry experts, and rapid career development. Employees at Enjoy snacks, drinks, catered lunches, and regular company group events and schedule flexibility.