Learn MoreJava Software Engineer
Build the backend engine for big data pipelines
This is an opportunity to tackle complex problems usually reserved for a handful of large companies in the search industry, and build cutting edge Machine Learning and AI based Applications. This company's Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), allows industry partners to customize, localize and integrate Voice Assistant and Search technologies directly into their business-to-consumer offerings utilizing advanced machine learning to decipher meaning and surface the most relevant answers, results, content and ads, via conversational interfaces or text.
Multiple openings for talented Java Engineers to deliver world-class search engine technologies. You will be working with a smart team of software developers and linguists on both full applications and tools that power web and voice search platforms. Seeking mid-level up to Architect level candidates. Software engineers contribute in a variety of areas and work closely alongside the Machine Learning team, promoting unique technical growth opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Building the backend engine that runs our product. This includes extending our existing Machine Learning and Big Data pipelines and building entirely new capabilities, including:
Big Data cluster, workflows and applications: data pipelines at scale, and real-time processing
Machine learning and Data Scientist support: used in linguistics, ranking, classification, and other artificial intelligence applications
Ingestion Pipeline: process data that comes from our web crawler which discovers and fetches content from the web and other sources
Skills and Qualifications:
BS or MS degree in Computer Science
Solid experience with Java programming (we also use Spring, Spring Webflux, Reactor, Netty)
Multi-threading experience is a must
Experience in scalable architectures and high-throughput application design
Comfortable in Linux and Windows environments.
Prefer some experience with Big Data Technologies (at least one of the following):
Hadoop ecosystem (HDFS, Hadoop, Hive)
Lucene NLP (Solr or ElasticSearch)
The following experience is a plus:
Continuous Integration and Deployment
Tool usage: Git, and Intellij
Docker / Kubernetes
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and be able to work independently. A keen interest in various aspects of language processing is essential in our multi-disciplinary team.
Located in North Coastal San Diego (Carlsbad), and offer a full comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision. Employees receive a generous time off (PTO) plan and 13 holidays per year. We also offer 401(k) benefits with company matching, long term disability benefits and life insurance. We offer a casual and flexible work environment.
Learn MorePrincipal Software Engineer
SaaS enterprise software company in San Diego
Dream job for a creative, talented software Architect! This unique role will allow you to tackle architecture problems, and take on special projects working closely with the CTO. You'll brainstorm ideas to solve challenges with the current Saas products, build Proof-of-concepts quickly, and also write production code. These predictive analytics products are built using .NET
The Saas solution is offered both on AWS and private cloud. Enjoy a cohesive software team with low turnover and like-minded SW Engineers!
Duties and Essential Responsibilities:
Provide technical leadership by influencing the design and architecture of major software components
Help foster the culture of creativity and excellence through technical innovations and thought leadership
Mentor and train other engineers
Improve architecture and code base to be scalable to support growth
Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities
Responsible for architecting applications for the cloud
8+ years of experience in design and architecture of large-scale applications
Advanced or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field
Experience developing quality into the entire system
Proven track record of delivering complex projects on time and providing technical leadership on cutting-edge software development projects
Hands-on experience, across full technology stack, in developing and architecting web applications that are scalable for large enterprise customers
Excellent coding skills in C# (preferred as we use Microsoft stack) or Java required
Familiar with enterprise application security best practices
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Successful completion of a background screening process including, but not limited to, employment verifications, criminal search, OFAC, and SS verification
Located in San Diego (UTC area). Salaried position with benefits.
Learn MoreAnalytics Consultant
Perform data analysis and be client-facing as part of the Analytics team
This San Diego software company is pushing the boundaries of predictive analytics, workflow automation, scheduling, and forecasting. Seeking a junior to mid-level Analytics Consultant. As a member of the analytics team, the Analytics Consultant participates in solution delivery and customer acquisition projects solving real-world predictive modeling, forecasting, resource planning and other data analytics problems. Works closely with clients in all phases of the solution delivery from process audit and bench marking to modeling, implementation, validation and on-going support.
• Support client engagements and analytics projects end-to-end
• Perform data management and analysis on client data which will include:
• Perform data clean-up; identify data discrepancies; generate basic descriptive statistics
• Query and analyze data using SQL queries; generate charts showing trends, correlations
• Perform statistical analysis and devise modeling approaches utilizing techniques like regression analysis, simulation modeling, time-series forecasting, queuing/stochastic models, linear/non-linear programming, heuristics/algorithm development, etc.
• Develop reports (Word and PowerPoint) to document analysis and results
• Offer creative ideas in design meetings to solve industry or client specific problems
• Travel (up to 15% of time) to client offices for data collection, meetings and executive presentations
o B.S. in industrial engineering, business, statistics, or closely related discipline is required. Masters degree is preferred.
o Coursework or work experience with statistical analysis is required
o 6+ months of work or academic project experience analyzing large datasets is preferred
• Required Qualifications:
o Knowledge of basic statistics (confidence intervals, significance testing, etc.) is required
o Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint is required
o Proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server is required
o Proficiency in programming using any language such as C#, VB, Perl/Python etc. required
o Presentation skills—the candidate must have strong written and verbal communication skills
o Be driven and a self-starter with the ability to run with a project with little guidance
• Desired Qualifications:
o Knowledge of conducting statistical analyses in R or JMP is preferred
o Demonstrated ability to handle and analyze large datasets (50GB+) is preferred
o Prior experience in the banking industry is preferred
Learn MoreStaff Data Engineer
Deliver high-performance Analytics engines (Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Sensor Fusion!)
Seeking an experienced staff level, data-focused software engineer to join our transportation analytics platform team, leading the design, development, and delivery of our high-performance analytics engines (computer vision, machine learning, sensor fusion, running in vehicle and in the cloud).
This is a key role to lead design and development of analytics data applications for data collection, modeling, processing, and storage. This is a hands-on role and includes guiding and mentoring more junior engineers and is located in the UTC area of San Diego.
• BS degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent
• Minimum 7 years’ experience in Enterprise/ Internet / E-Commerce commercial software development
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the area of data architecture, data modeling, big data, and highly scalable systems development
• Ability to design, code and implement API code using server-side languages such as Java, Scala, Haskell or Clojure as well as scripting and frontend languages using Python or Node.js or Go
• Proven experience with at least one of the SQL datastores (SqlServer, MySQL, Postgres, Oracle) and NoSQL stores (Cassandra, MongoDB, Influx DB, HBase/HDFS, Elastic Search) and significant experience in application design for transactional processing, Analytics, RESTful services, and machine learning.
• Expertise with data processing systems, both batch and CEP event/stream based systems (Hadoop/MapReduce, Flink, Beam, Spark, Storm/Spark-Streaming)
• Ability to device solutions ground up and review code using algorithmic approaches.
• Preference for demonstrated experience with public cloud compute platforms (AWS, Azure, etc.) in addition to private deployments (we have both)
• Experience leveraging CI/CD and robust build/test automation, with a preference for cross platform stacks and containerization (Git, Jenkins, Crucible, Sonar, Docker, etc.)
• Strong people skills - able to communicate with colleagues while building credibility and rapport, modifying behavioral style to respond to the needs of others while maintaining objectives
• An aggressive problem solver who can provide creative solutions to complex situations and obtain buy-in from those affected
• An independent worker who can take the initiative to define and prioritize specific goals and objectives, and to do the same for others
• A team player that works hard, admits his/her strengths and weaknesses, and has the flexibility to improve by learning new things
• Strong preference for internet of things (IoT), large scale telematics, autonomous/semi-autonomous driving, machine learning, and computer vision experience
• Experience in implementing global scale real-time transaction systems, ML and adaptive systems
• Experience committing code to open source foundations based on Apache, MIT, GPL, GNU licensing models
• Experience with applied cryptography for data encryption at rest and data encryption in motion using TLS/SSL, PGP, and other common security protocols
• Ability to master new languages or demonstrate experience in polyglot code compliance and polyglot product development
• Preferred expertise with integration of complex and large data from multiple data sources, data and sensor fusion, and migration to newer methodologies
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize the work effort across geographically distributed teams and ensure that tasks are completed on schedule
• Expertise in implementing distributed micro-services and/or serverless (lambda) cloud software architecture